Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Fat Duck Scare

This just in...Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck restaurant in England is temporarily closed due to a food poisoning scare (from the Guardian's blog.)

What a coincidence that right after I posted about my slight obsession with molecular gastronomy. Friends will even recall that I even made my family eat a super late dinner one night while we were on vacation in Hong Kong so that I could catch an episode of Heston's "In Search of Perfection" tv show in our hotel room! (Why can't we get it in the U.S.? Anyone know if you can buy the series on DVD? Anyone in the UK or Asia that wants to tape the episodes and send them to me?)

In any case, so sad. I thought about the people who fell sick. The people who had been looking forward to their meal at the infamous Fat Duck, just to go home sick!

Or those people who had made reservations just to find out the restaurant was temporarily closed! Perhaps a once in a lifetime trip to the restaurant and to experience Heston's food...just to have it closed! I can't even imagine how I'd feel if that had happened to me.

I can only hope that someday I'll be able to make the trek out there, and to enjoy a meal there without any problems! I'm holding out for bacon and eggs ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment