Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yes, Another Farmer's Market

You all hear me talking about my 'happy place' frequently. The San Francisco Farmer's Market is one of my favorite places to go. But you know what? It's not JUST loving the San Francisco Farmer's Market. I've always loved Farmer's Markets. Something about walking around, taking time to pick through the produce, many times, talking to the farmer's themselves. It's a good way to get inspired by the local and seasonal produce. And to learn about new vegetables or varietals. It's also a great chance to meet different people in my own community. I just love it.

When I travel, I try and check out the local Farmer's Market when I can. I've been to the Farmer's Markets in Washington, D.C. (Dupont Circle area one), in Aspen, in Portland (one of my other all time favorite Farmer's Markets!), Seattle, and internationally, to many open air markets.

The other thing about markets? It's not something you do once? Each time you visit, depending on the season, there are new things to see, new things to taste, and new items to buy!

Well, one of my all time favorite's is the Davis Farmer's Market. And recently, I was in Davis and had the chance to walk through the market with some friends. Here are some photos of the things we saw (click to view the slideshow!):

Davis Farmer's Market


There were so many fantastic things that caught my eye! I can't wait until I can check out another market in a new city soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment