Monday, July 21, 2008

Without Music...

Life would not be fair.


I have a photo of that spray painted on a wall. I love that saying. Music (like smell or food) is one of those things that can take you back to a place, remind you of a specific feeling, and most importantly, make you think of a specific person. Unlike smells or food...music can be more easily recreated.

These are some of my favorite songs that remind me of a specific moment. I did narrow it down to one song per artist although in some cases, an entire album brings back memories and smiles to my face. Guess you'd call this the soundtrack of my life. It's a work in progress...but these all come to mind. So random right? Hey, that's life. Enjoy!

Beach Boys "Don't Worry Baby"
Beyonce "Crazy In Love"
Blondie "Tide Is High"
Bonnie Rait "Let's Give 'Em Something to Talk About"
Brazilian Girls "Lazy Lover"
Cake "Walk on by"
Cat Stevens "Wild World"
Coolio "Gangsta's Paradise"
Dandy Warhols "You Were the Last High"
Doris Day "Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)
Goapele "Closer"
Gorillaz "Feel Good Inc"
Jackson Brown "Stay"
Jewel "Foolish Games"
John Mellencamp "Jack and Diane"
K-Ci and JoJo"All My Life"
Kinks "Lola"
Lee Ann Womack "I Hope You Dance"
Lynyrd Skynyrd "Sweet Home Alabama"
Milli Vanilli "Blame It On The Rain"
Natasha Bedingfield "Unwritten"
Radiohead "Just"
Red Hot Chili Peppers "Hey Oh, Snow"
Sublime "Santaria"
The Doors "Love Street"
Tom Petty "American Girl"
Van Morrison "Brown Eyed Girl"



No comments:

Post a Comment