Tuesday, June 24, 2008

My Love for Canned Air

I love canned air. You know what I'm talking about. The stuff you have in your office to clean your keyboard. I love how the can gets icy cold, and the sound it makes when you spray it. It's fun to use. And it creates a cool pattern on the surface.

At work, when I'm frustrated, I spray a little bit of the canned air, and it let's out some of our frustration. It also brings a smile to my face. Such a silly thing. One of my team members once ordered me a bottle of canned air, and gave it to me as a present. It was such a great surprise. Made my day.

Why am I writing about my love for canned air? Something that should probably not be made public?

Well...on the news tonight, I saw that someone died from inhaling canned air. A 17 year old boy was apparently sniffing my beloved canned air and using it to get high. Seriously.
It made me sad. That boy's poor parents. The potential he had! He was so young...a whole life ahead of him. But then I got mad. Kids do such stupid things. Canned air is for cleaning and a good laugh, but not for sniffing!! Come on!

I still love canned air. I'm not going to blame it for his death. If you think I'm going to stop using it, don't be silly. And if you're thinking of giving me canned air the next time I'm having a hard day, keep 'em coming. It still brings a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment