Sunday, September 27, 2009

Bad Blogger

I've been a bad blogger. I admit it. I've had a lot going on, and haven't been able to focus on my writing! It seems as if the last week weeks have been crazier than usual, and as a result, my writing has suffered.

The good news? I've got lots going on. This weekend? Had not one, but TWO dinners Friday night with a friend that was in town. Saturday? Pilates to kick off the day. And then some MAJOR cleaning of the apartment as I continue to get ready for my move--purge and pack, purge and pack. Then I drove my scooter off to a test meal at the new Out the Door Bush Street where Chef Grace Nguyen WOW'ed us with an amazing breakfast. The poached egg over the braised beef brisket was perfect, the BBQ pork bun delish, and the iced Vietnamese coffee was exactly what I needed to keep me going all day long.

From there, my friend and I checked out an apartment she's hoping to get in Hayes Valley, and then went on my sofa/couch hunt. We scooted down to Room & Board, and then to Sphere. We were scooting all over town! It was fantastic. And I was getting more and more comfortable on my scooter!

We popped in on a party some friends were having over in Buena Vista Park/Duboce Triangle area, and then finally zipped home where the night ended with a simple heirloom tomato salad I whipped up.

I realized that in just a few short hours, I had driven on Fillmore, Bush, Gough, Franklin, Market, and all over SOMA/Potrero Hill too. The traffic, cars, walkers, buses, etc. were bugging me less and less. And the hills are getting easier with time. I'm excited to see where my next scooting adventure will take me.

My Sunday morning was spent in Berkeley with a friend perusing through the furniture/design stores on Fourth Street. Then some errands and back into the city. About a third of my kitchen is packed up now, more of my closet has been purged and three loads of laundry later, I am finally hitting a wall.

The detox continues as I get ready for my trip to the East Coast and New York later this week. And then once I return? All packing all the time. SO. My little blog may have to take a back seat for another month. But I'm excited for what the next few weeks hold for me. And getting even more excited for the fall/winter dinner parties in my new home!!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, can't wait to hear all about where you eat in New York. Take lots of pics! ;)

    ReplyDelete