Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pastry Chefs Rejoice!

It’s funny. I love making desserts, and baking is something that is so therapeutic to me. It’s something I can do to express some creativity, and it’s also easy enough to bring into work to share, or to a dinner party. And it’s always so easy to impress people with something so simple!

But when it comes to EATING dessert, ehh. I can take it or leave it. I always want to see the dessert menu, and if I’m dining with a group of friends, I love the idea of ordering a few for the table to share. Usually a few small bites is good enough for me. But still- I do love my desserts. And they have a special place in my heart.

Well, a few weeks ago, I saw this story “Desserts Will Always Have a Place at the Table”. Phew! Desserts are not going away, and if anything, people are only appreciating the art of pastry more and more. The article says it all, and lists many yummy places I must go and check out. In the meantime, I’ll leave you with some photos of some of my favorite desserts—both professional and homemade!

All from Payard Las Vegas...







The Ritz Carlton Dining Room, San Francisco





And the best of all...the homemade ones!







2 comments:

  1. WHAT??? No "Pretty in Pink" cupcakes from Love At First Bite? I'm shocked. And for the record, I never would have guessed you're not a dessert girl...I guess we're just a bad influence on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, sorry. The Pretty in Pink photos weren't mine, so I thought I'd show off my own photography before using other images.

    And NO! You guys aren't a bad influence. I love cupcakes and eating the nibble from each one and sharing is the best way to do it! I could never eat a whole one myself. I need you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete