Sunday, December 20, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Day 8--Ice Cream!

Hmm. Maybe my ice cream obsession started a lot longer ago than I realized? For sure. Hands down. One of the favorite ornaments in the collection--the pink, sparkly ice cream cone:



One of the first things my sister asked when I told her our dad had dropped off the box of ornaments was "Was the ice cream cone ornament in there??" And I excitedly told her--YES!

I've written lots and lots about ice cream. Both about making it and eating it. But maybe what I didn't realize, was just how important of role it played in my childhood. Really, something as simple as ice cream, was something special for my sister and I. Whether a trip to the local Baskin Robbins (hey, we didn't have Humphry Slocombe then!), or to the ice cream counter inside of the Thrifty, or even a simple scope of ice cream at home, it was always a treat. Always time for us to just be kids. To relax. To talk. And to spend time with each other and mom and dad.

I think I'm going to have to go make some ice cream for Christmas. Until then, I'm going to look at one of my favorite ornaments hanging on my tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment