Sunday, December 13, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Day 1--A Christmas Baker

I've been thinking about Christmas and the holidays, and all of the activity that leads up to the holidays. From decorating your home, to purchasing presents, to baking, to preparing for that big meal, there's a lot that goes on.

It's also a time of reflection for me. And one of my favorite childhood moments around the holidays is decorating the Christmas tree. My sister and I would eagerly go through the box of ornaments, and play the game of "Oh! Do you remember this one??" We had this music box that looks like a present (green box with a red bow)--and it would play holiday songs on loop. We'd always have that playing while we were decorating our tree. (And usually be kind of tired of the music by the end of that first day!)

As we grew up and moved out on our own, I began to collect my own ornaments. I was never one of those people that could keep their tree simple--so no one color ornaments, or theme. I always look at those trees with envy. They're so gorgeous. So simple. So classy. They seem to come straight out of the pages of a design magazine.

But sigh. That is not my tree. Like my personality, my tree is a little all over the place. However, every ornament on my tree has special meaning to me. I can tell you who gave me each ornament, or where I bought each one.

SO. I'm kicking off my 12 Days of Christmas. Where each day I'll feature a different one of my special Christmas tree ornaments. Some are new, and others are from our family collection. To start us off, one of my favorite 'new' ornaments. A little baker! So cute! Enjoy the rest of the ornaments coming your way!!


No comments:

Post a Comment