Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Day 3--An Aussie Christmas

To be honest, I'm not really sure this was meant to be an ornament. The little 'hands' of the cute koala kind of snap tight, and is made to 'hold' onto something. This is almost just a little holiday decoration. But nevermind that, we always considered this an ornament and would secure it to one of the strong branches.



Since my trip to Australia last year, this little ornament has meant even more to me. It reminds me of all of the fun I had while down in Australia, and just how weird it was that it was warm and the sun was shining in December! We saw Santa Claus on the beach--in red shorts. Not a sight this San Franciscan is use to seeing! I can't wait to get this koala up on my tree this year. It'll give me visions of warm, sunny, Aussie beaches. And oh yea, that Santa in the shorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment