Tuesday, December 22, 2009

12 Days of Christmas: Day 10--Precious Moments

Growing up, we loved the Precious Moments 'dolls'. Not so much the actual dolls or figurines, but the images. The characters were always in these beautiful settings and they were just so cute. As we grew older, I think we realized that there was a not so subtle religious message. It didn't matter. The messages were simple, and in the end, religious or not, still made you feel warm and fuzzy.



One of the ornaments I still put up on my tree is this one. Here are the two different sides to it. They're almost scenes out of an old animation. Like some of my favorite Christmas cartoons, Charlie Brown's Christmas, Frosty the Snowman, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. These are all childhood favorites that make the holiday season what it is to me. Christmas just wouldn't be the same without the little Precious Moments ornament...and Charlie Brown's Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment