Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Soapbox

"Poking someone is no longer considered rude. Tweet is no longer a sound made by small birds. A blog has replaced a soapbox."

I saw that on Twitter the other day, and apologies, I don't remember who said it. In a minute of bad judgment, I didn't make a note of it, and of course, now days later, I'm still thinking about this phrase and wanting to write about it! (But if it's you, please leave a comment, email me, @reply me, DM me, or Facebook message me, I'll gladly give credit where credit is due.)

It's funny how our worlds change. The new terms that come into play (one of my favorite things each year is when the list of 'new words' that are being added to the dictionary comes out!) And the new platforms one has at their disposal.

My blog IS my soapbox. I've never thought of it like this, but it's true. This is MY blog. And right or wrong, these are my thoughts and my opinions. I enjoy sharing them with my friends and readers. I welcome dialogue and would love for people to chime in with their ideas, their lists, their experiences and thoughts.

But at the end of the day, if you're going to disagree with me, and do so in a rude way, THEN STOP READING. Because that's not the point of this forum. I'm open to new ideas, and perspectives. Prove me wrong even, but do so in a logical, thoughtful, respectful and nice way.

And if you can't do that? Well then, get off my soapbox and get your own.

1 comment:

  1. The quote at the beginning is from this wise person: https://twitter.com/Head_Cook

    Thanks for the inspiration for the post!

    ReplyDelete