Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Range of Emotions

I've recently been spending a few nights staging in a restaurant kitchen. I've only been in a few times, but I am hoping to go back. I'm still processing all of my feelings and digesting everything. And there's definitely been an adjustment period. This kitchen and this experience has been very different from my experience in the Postrio kitchen. Amazing and unique in it's own ways, but just different.

After my last shift? Some words came to my mind:

Adrenaline rush
Worn out
Stressed
Happy
Jealousy
Awe
Regret
Amazement
Sadness
Envy
Shame
Excitement
Rigid
Trust
Harsh
Opportunity

But the word I'm holding on to? Determination. I'm determined. Determined to do a good job. Determined to learn. Determined to contribute to the kitchen team and to the restaurant. Determined to be allowed back. And determined to take advantage of this unique experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment